Coach / Parent Player Development Workshop
Player Development Plan Coach / Parent Workshop
Course Learning Outcomes:
- The ‘why’ rationale for Player Development Plan changes
- The ‘player centred’ approach and how it is of benefits to ALL players.
- Player development and civic development – coaches and parents are role models.
- The establishment of ‘good practice’ behavioural models pertinent to players / coaches / parents.
- The provision of example resources e.g. ‘codes of conduct’ documents, which pre-season should be debated, formulated and signed off on for players / coaches / parents.
- Pre-season organisation of various roles and responsibilities for parents, alleviating burden on coaches. Possible roles might include; putting up posts and nets / maintaining positive parental behaviour on side lines etc.,
- Don’t X the line – FAI respect campaign
- Respect by players / coaches / parents to match officials
- Respect by players / coaches / parents to opposition.